A house and land package is when land and a home design is packaged up in the one process, but with two contracts in place: one directly with the builder and one with the developer.
It’s simple and cost-effective and ideal for new homeowners working with a tight budget. Right from the start, all design choices, inclusions, and optional add-ons are laid out to choose from, so you’ll have a clear understanding of how much your new home will cost.
We’ll also provide a detailed tender quote at the start, including a breakdown of all potential costs.
There are no additional costs or complications around council approvals, either – we’ve got it covered! Our experienced team will take care of all council and BASIX approvals, work with the developers, and make your dream home a reality.
A home and land package (or house and land package) is where the homebuilder/ home owner sells you a home on an unbuilt block of land. The home builder will usually arrange the “title deed” or freehold title for you, so there are no legal requirements to do this yourself.
A home and land package can offer you a number of benefits, including:
- The home is built to your specifications
- No waiting for a home to be built – you can move in as soon as the home is finished
- Usually includes connections for water, power and telecommunications
- Sometimes includes landscaping and fencing
- Can be a more cost effective way to buy a home, as the home builder may offer discounts for buying both the home and the land together.
Before you buy a home and land package, it’s important to do your research and ask the right questions, including:
- What is the expected build time?
- What is the home builder’s warranty and insurance cover?
- What fixtures and fittings are included in the package?
- How much will I have to pay for Council rates, water and other utilities?
- Can I upgrade my home if I want to?
- Do I have to use the home builder’s preferred lender?
If you’re looking for a home and land package, it’s best to work with a qualified real estate agent who can help you find the right home and land package for your needs.